Flexion Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel, local therapies for the treatment of patients with musculoskeletal conditions, beginning with osteoarthritis (OA), a type of degenerative arthritis.
We embrace a philosophy of scientific entrepreneurship which spurs innovation and empowers and inspires our people to discover, develop and commercialize transformative therapies which can make a meaningful difference in the lives of patients.
Flexion was co-founded in 2007 by Michael Clayman, M.D., and Neil Bodick, M.D., Ph.D., who leveraged the extensive drug development expertise they gained over decades at Eli Lilly and Company.
The company’s executive committee is comprised of industry veterans with deep knowledge, vast experience and the diverse leadership skills required in the biopharma industry.
The Role: The Director, Medical Publications and Communications is responsible for development and delivery of strategic publication plans and related medical communications for Flexion’s marketed and pipeline programs. The Director, Medical Publications and Communications will report into the Senior Director, Medical Communications, Information and Training
• Demonstrated leadership in managing publication plans and vendors.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Ability to plan, prioritize, and execute multiple projects; ability to multitask and work both independently and within multi-disciplinary teams.
• Understand the clinical development process
• Ability to critically appraise and apply knowledge gained from the medical/scientific literature.
• Strong interpersonal skills for effective professional communications, aiming to cultivate strong working relationships with both internal and external groups.
• Ability to effectively communicate complex medical/scientific information.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Outlook, Excel, Power Point) is required, as well as familiarity and working knowledge of key software applications relevant to publication planning and implementation (e.g., Datavision, literature search indices, journal databases, etc.).
Flexion is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.