Our Company: Axiom Healthcare Strategies is a boutique oncology think tank offering leading strategy and management consulting services for biotechnology and pharmaceutical clients. Our unparalleled oncology expertise qualifies us to focus on high-value contributions to our clients’ most critical challenges
Position Overview: The Publications Specialist is a key role in the Medical Affairs division of Axiom Healthcare Strategies. This individual will write, review and copyedit all assigned medical publications in accordance with client publication goals and objectives and in compliance with established publication guidelines.
Position Description: Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Serve as a key member of the Axiom Medical Affairs publications team and contribute to the growth and management of existing publications account
- Independently work directly with client teams and thought leaders (authors) on publications, publication planning, and advisory boards
- Be accountable for writing/reviewing and copyediting high quality content for compelling medical publications in accordance with publication strategies and plans, and in compliance with relevant publication guidelines and best practices
- Conduct literature searches
- Communicate clearly and professionally with team members to help foster a positive working environment
- Recruit, brief, and manage freelance medical writers to assure that they deliver high-quality products within timeline and budget
- Provide timely and appropriate feedback to freelance medical writers to ensure increased future efficiency
- Keep up to date with industry guidelines for good publication practices
- Follow and document internal and/or client SOPs in all publication projects
- Post-graduate degree in science (MS or PhD preferred), plus 3-5 years hands-on experience in managing publications
- Knowledge of critical publication guidelines (GPP3, ICMJE)
- Proficient user of various MS Office programs and Internet
- Must have strong organizational and project management skills and be able to multitask
- Must be willing to challenge the standard thinking with new ideas, new approaches, and new solutions.
- Must have strong decision-making skills and the determination to see projects through to the end.
- Demonstrated skills in management, and collaboration.
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently.
- Should have superior communication skills
- Must have high level of attention to detail