Our Company: Axiom Healthcare Strategies is a boutique oncology think tank offering leading strategy and management consulting services for biotechnology and pharmaceutical clients. Our unparalleled oncology expertise qualifies us to focus on high-value contributions to our clients’ most critical challenges
Position Overview: The Publications Manager is a key role in the Medical Affairs division of Axiom Healthcare Strategies. This individual will serve as the key client contact for publication planning and management. The Publications Manager will be responsible for implementing and supporting all client SOPs and adhering to publication guidelines and best practices such as GPP3, ICMJE and others. The role will interface with our client’s cross-functional teams including medical and scientific communications, medical directors/leads, regulatory, legal/patent, clinical development as well as authors/Key Opinion Leaders.
Position Description: Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Project manage/prioritize assigned work streams and implement medical communication activities for assigned products, with emphasis on publication planning activities, as well as development and maintaining publication plans in collaboration with Project Lead and client team
- Manage development of congress abstracts, posters, slide sets and manuscripts. Serve as liaison with external key opinion leaders and authors on publication development.
- Collaborate with internal and client team on the planning and execution of Scientific Advisory Board meetings. Ensure all documentation associated with advisory boards is entered into the aggregate spend reporting system.
- Take responsibility/ownership for completing assigned tasks on time at all stages
- Interact professionally with clients, authors, and other contributors, demonstrating understanding of relevant medical fields and understanding of external parties’ requirements
- Manage client expectations with firm but professional timelines/prioritizing
- Communicate clearly and professionally with team members to help foster a positive working environment
- Recruit, brief, and manage freelance medical writers to assure that they deliver high-quality products within timeline and budget
- Provide timely and appropriate feedback to freelance medical writers to ensure increased future efficiency
- Keep up to date with industry guidelines for good publication practices
- Follow and document internal and/or client SOPs in all publication projects
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in life sciences a plus
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience, including knowledge of critical publication guidelines (GPP3, ICMJE)
- Proficient user of various MS Office programs and Internet
- Must have strong organizational and project management skills and be able to multitask
- Must be willing to challenge the standard thinking with new ideas, new approaches, and new solutions.
- Must have strong decision-making skills and the determination to see projects through to the end.
- Demonstrated skills in management, and collaboration.
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently.
- Should have superior communication skills
- Must have high level of attention to detail