It’s not often you get the chance to make a real impact on the lives of others, while expanding your own possibilities. You’ll find that rare opportunity at PharmaEssentia. Join us, and let’s transform lives, together.
PharmaEssentia Corporation is a rapidly growing biopharmaceutical innovator. We are leveraging deep expertise and proven scientific principles to deliver effective new biologics for challenging diseases in the areas of hematology and oncology, with one product approved in Europe and a diversifying pipeline. We believe in the potential to improve both health and quality of life for patients with limited options today through the combination of rigorous research and innovative thinking.
Founded in 2003 by a team of Taiwanese-American executives and renowned scientists from U.S. biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, today we are listed on the Taipei Exchange (6446) and are expanding our global presence with operations in the U.S., Japan and China, along with a world-class biologics production facility in Taichung.
The Senior Manager, Medical Communications is responsible for the management of publication agencies/vendors for the creation and revision of medical content to support Medical Science Liaison (MSL), and/or will directly create this content. The Senior Manager, Medical Communications is also responsible for the creation of medical content for the Medical Affairs booths at key medical congresses. The Senior Manager, Medical Communications is also responsible for leading publication projects in collaboration with medical communications leaders. The Senior Manager, Medical Communications, reports into the V.P. of CDMA.
- Develop and maintain content (e.g., slide decks) for Medical Science Liaison (MSL) teams for assigned product(s), through management of publication agencies and/or direct content creation. Lead projects through the medical content approval process.
- In collaboration with key stakeholders within Medical Affairs, lead the medical communications activities at key medical congresses, including the development of medical and/or therapeutic area booth panels, other booth materials, meeting summaries to internal audiences, and post-meeting slide reviews to internal audiences through agency management and direct content development; ensure all materials undergo the appropriate medical content approval process.
- As assigned by the medical communications lead(s) for assigned product(s), responsible for the overseeing the development of abstracts, posters, oral presentations, and manuscripts from PEC-sponsored clinical trials and other PEC-sponsored research, through management of publications agencies.
- Collaborate with biostatistics and other R&D stakeholders to provide direction for analysis plans for the development of post-hoc analyses utilized in publications and other medical content creation.
- Collaborate with medical communications lead(s) for assigned products with the development and implementation of a comprehensive publication plan. Strategic publication planning is conducted in collaboration with the medical communications lead for the therapeutic area and the therapeutic area medical director.
- Build effective partnerships with all internal stakeholders, including therapeutic area medical directors, medical communications leads, HEOR, biostatistics, clinical development, Medical Science Liaisons, medical information, and other members of the publications team.
- Establish strong working relationships with authors and other external experts.
- Manage day to day interactions with publication agencies and participate in vendor selection activities.
- Assist medical communications leads in the management of all financial and contractual aspects of assigned projects, including external vendors.
- Coordinate publication reviews and integration of reviewer comments of assigned publication projects.
- Ensure that all developed materials are reviewed and appropriately signed off according to PEC Policies and SOPs and maintain archive of approved materials within the appropriate management system.
- Assist in the review of assigned publications for medical accuracy, fair balance, and ensuring adherence to PEC policies and good publication practice.
- Ensure all assigned PEC-sponsored publications are developed according to PEC publication policy and good publication practice, including published guidelines (e.g., GPP3, ICMJE, CONSORT).
- Support development of scientific communications plans and oversee execution of tactics both internally and externally.
- Develop and expand scientific proficiency in assigned therapeutic area(s).
- Prepare, analyze, interpret, and summarize data.
- Evaluate study data from tables and listings.
- Participates in department initiatives/projects
- The Senior Manager, Medical Communications reports into the V.P of CDMA.
Required/Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to create and manage the creation of high-quality documents that effectively and clearly convey scientific data, properly identify/target the audience for each document, and communicate clearly and concisely
- Experience in strategic publication planning and execution of publication plans is preferred.
- Strong Knowledge of current good publication practices and guidelines and medical writing guidelines (e.g., GPP3, ICMJE, CONSORT).
- Demonstrated experience interacting with and collaborating with external experts; ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience managing external agencies preferred.
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills and written communication skills.
- Understand clinical trial research, the drug development process, and GCP requirements, and have experience with reviewing clinical trial data.
- Prior medical writing experience preferred.
- Proficiency with computer programs such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as databases such as PubMed.
- Travel will vary, plan on 10-20%.
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Advanced scientific degree (Doctorate degree preferred: PhD, PharmD, or MD).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in pharmaceutical medical communications / publications, or at a medical communications agency in a medical director role. Experience within the pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within and external to an office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Virtually work from home during pandemic
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may periodically require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, including evenings and weekends, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
PharmaEssentia Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.