Contribute to outstanding innovation + Make braver choices
Associate Director, Scientific Communications
As a privately-owned, specialty healthcare company, Ferring focuses on developing life-changing innovations that help people live better lives. Our independence helps us cultivate an entrepreneurial spirit and long-term perspective that enables us to achieve growth and scale while remaining agile and true to our ‘people first’ philosophy. Built on a 70-year commitment to science and research, Ferring is relentless in pursuit of science that drives powerful discoveries and therapies to help people build families, stay healthy, and stand up to the world’s oldest enemy: disease.
The Associate Director, Scientific Communications role will support the development of high-quality medical publications, with the highest ethical and compliance standards, ensuring clear communication of all available data supporting the appropriate use and access of Ferring’s products.
- Ensure Medical, R&D, and cross organizational alignment on publication strategy. Maintain an accurate record of all author interactions utilizing publication tracking software.
- Lead the development of best in class scientific platforms in a matrix environment, ensuring key messages are delivered consistently across the organization, identifying message gaps, and assisting in the development of tactics to address gaps, as appropriate. Ensure plans are updated annually, or with the availability of new data. Establish Lexicons and gap analyses as needed across TAs.
- Where appropriate, develop a lay summary (written, video, slides) to accompany key disease state and key data findings to patient audiences. Liase with patient advocacy groups to develop materials, run surveys, and develop patient centric publications.
- Demonstrate a high level of credibility with external KOLs, and internal stakeholders to identify tactical gaps in Medical Communication strategy and utilize understanding of clinical trial design, statistical methods, and clinical/RWE data to develop studies and communicate their results to address those deficiencies.
- In collaboration with Global, develop a centralized repository of scientific and clinical publications pertinent to each TA.
- Oversee online scientific training to be utilized by Medical Affairs and R&D new hires across TAs. Ensures compatibility with Ferring’s LMS system and that new hires are pushed training when appropriate.
- Ph.D required
- CMPP desired
- At least 5 years of Industry experience in a Scientific Communication role (Pharmaceutical or Med Comm agency)
- Experience with Publication tracking software (Pubstrat)
- Ability to engage multiple different therapeutic areas at a highly technical level.
Join our team and you’ll become part of a close-knit family – one in which you’ll be listened
to and your contributions valued. Surrounded by like-minded people, you’ll have the support to achieve more. So if you love to come up with new ways to make a positive difference and see them through, welcome to the team.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected
Veterans/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.