Job Title: Director, Scientific Communications
Department: Medical Affairs
Reports to: Executive Director, Scientific Communications
Location: Remote Tri State Area or San Diego, CA
Be a part of a global team that is inspired to make a difference in the lives of people living with rare disease.
At Travere Therapeutics, we recognize that our exceptional employees are vital to our success. We are a dedicated team focused on meeting the unique needs of rare patients. Our work is rewarding – both professionally and personally – because we are making a difference. We are passionate about what we do.
We are seeking talented individuals who will thrive in our collaborative, diverse, fast-paced environment and share in our mission – to identify, develop and deliver life-changing therapies to people living with rare disease. We stick by our values centered on patients, courage, community, and collaboration to pursue our vision of becoming a leading biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the delivery of innovation and hope to patients in the global rare disease community.
At Travere Therapeutics, we are in rare for life. We continue to courageously forge new paths as we move toward a common goal of elevating science and service for rare patients.
Travere Therapeutics is seeking a Director of Scientific Communications to support products in the Nephrology therapeutic area, reporting to the Executive Director of Scientific Communications. This position will lead and direct the dissemination of scientific/medical data through the development of high quality and medically relevant scientific publications.
- Lead the Medical Affairs publication strategy to ensure alignment with strategic objectives and develop, manage, and track publication plans.
- Provide oversight in the tactical execution and project management for publication projects (including abstracts, posters/presentations and peer-reviewed manuscripts) to ensure medical and scientific accuracy and adherence to timelines and processes.
- Provide leadership and support to assess resource needs necessary to achieve timely execution of projects.
- Collaborate with internal and external authors to facilitate the development of abstracts, posters, presentations, original manuscripts, and review papers.
- Manage the review, approval, and other appropriate functions involved in the production of scientific publications.
- Monitor and analyze medical literature to inform stakeholders of publication strategies and tactics.
- Identify and implement best practices and standardized processes for publication planning.
- Maintain expert knowledge of US and international requirements and guidance associated with scientific publications.
- Ensure consistent adherence to established publication process in accordance with good publication practices to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Manage medical writing and external vendor activity to ensure timely delivery and submission of publications.
- Lead and contribute to other Scientific Communications and Medical Affairs projects as needed.
- Advanced scientific degree (Ph.D., PharmD). Equivalent combination of education and applicable job experience may be considered.
- Minimum 8 years in the pharmaceutical industry, with at least 5 years of experience in Publications, and additional experience in Medical Communications and Clinical Development, or other related experience.
- CMPP certification is a plus.
- Prior experience in Medical Affairs within the biopharmaceutical industry, and/or clinical or research experience in nephrology or rare disease is preferred.
- Experience leading initiatives and/or teams within Medical Affairs and cross functionally.
- Ability to think strategically to guide publications-related activities in accordance with industry standards and good publication practice.
- Excellent communications skills and attention to detail.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and with cross-functional groups and in a matrix organization.
- Demonstrated ability to produce effective high-quality medical communications outputs:g., manuscripts, poster presentations, and slide presentations.
- Ability to manage and prioritize various projects, solve problems, deliver on commitments and work with multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong understanding of current industry
- Independent, self-starting individual with a demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced
- Ability to travel approximately 15-20%.
Travere is an EEO/AA/Veteran/Disability Employer