Associate Client Service Director (aCSD)
BOLDSCIENCE is looking for big thinkers, tiny tinkerers, dreamers, and believers to join our thriving team of passionate and experienced Med Comms professionals. If you enjoy working with major pharma and biotech clients within a rapidly growing agency, we invite you to apply to join our Client Services team. If you enjoy working in a tight-knit team, and learning from medcomms professionals at the top of their game then we'd love to hear from you. Do you have big ideas? Tell us – we’re not afraid of trying something new to keep our medcomms fresh and exciting. Want to make an impact? Your career can thrive in parallel with our agency growth.
Who is BOLDSCIENCE? BOLDSCIENCE is an independent, full-service medical communications agency, part of the CO-LAB GLOBAL network (www.boldsci.com). Our mission is to help our pharmaceutical and biotech client partners to deliver the best, most impactful, scientifically creative healthcare communications that help drive changes in treatment practices and ultimately improve patients’ lives. With offices and remote workers based in the UK and US, our global team is an energising mix of scientific strategists, medical writers, client services professionals, creatives, and digital specialists. Together, we embrace high science, design and innovation within a people-focused culture, to spark bold ideas that break down barriers and inspire change.
A BOLDSCIENCE Associate Client Service Director has the ability to apply high levels of scientific and commercial expertise to act as a strategic partner to clients. Within this role an aCSD you will proactively work with clients and internal teams to oversee the delivery of a range of communication projects. Using your project management skills and scientific expertise you will deliver a high quality service to our client, taking full responsibility for publication planning for new and existing drugs, satellite symposia, international conferences and medical education projects globally. You will be responsible for maintaining and developing excellent client relationships and building and expanding the growth within this area.
CLIENT SERVICE MANAGEMENT:
- Has extensive experience working across a range of therapeutic areas, clients and medical education tactics, including: advisory boards, congress symposia, exhibition booths, publications and educational slide decks
- Ability to apply a high level of scientific and commercial expertise gained through extensive knowledge and experience of the industry to act as a true client partner
- Provide strategic direction to account teams
- Ensures that the team are client focused. Act as a strategic and trusted partner as well as push and challenge our clients thinking
- Work in partnership with the Scientific Director on accounts to agree and implement client strategy and tactics
- Provide support to the account team on client discussions where appropriate
- Implements and maintain quality standards, cost efficiency and best working practices alongside senior account team members
BUSINESS & OPERATION MANAGEMENT:
- Portfolio lead for strategic discussions and routine client/agency reviews, driving strategic and tactical organic growth.
- Driving alignment across client teams, ensuring the highest standards are met and providing internal leadership of accounts and teams
- In collaboration with the Scientific Director, ensure optimum level of resources to service account needs and pre-empts any resourcing challenges
- Overall responsibility for account financials and business unit KPIs.
- Working closely with the Senior CSD to set realistic revenue targets and ensures that the BOLDs overall revenue target is achieved by efficient management of the portfolio revenue targets
- Responsible for account and business unit forecasting, working closely with the Scientific Director to ensure all financials are accurate
- Maintains strong relationships with senior clients and procurement teams and supports with MSA negotiations
- Consistently meets billability and new business targets and ensures the same from line reports and wider team members
- Completes timesheets accurately on time and ensures the same from line reports and wider team members
LEADERSHIP & ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Overall responsibility for a minimum of 1 portfolio.
- Represents the agency at a senior level and works in collaboration with the wider leadership team to drive BOLDs strategy & values
- Is accountable in driving actions forwards and is solution focused to achieving company goals
- Promotes companywide initiatives and acts as an ambassador for BOLD both internally and externally
- Helps to lead and acts as a positive role model to the Client Services team instilling a positive working environment with the highest quality standards
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT & MENTORSHIP:
- Manages and inputs into the career development of direct line reports closely reviewing goals and objectives
- Line manages 2+ team members of varying levels, providing constructive and actionable feedback to team members
- Maintains strong relationships across business units at BOLD including; scientific services, creative, finance and people operations
- Coaches and mentors others across the agency
- Resolving issues with internal team members with an empathetic yet pragmatic approach
- Forms excellent senior level relationships and is a trusted partner to the Business Unit founder
- Oversees and leads across the portfolio in the development of new commercial opportunities with new and existing clients
- Identify opportunities for business growth, actively driving new business opportunities and participate in pitches
- Responsible for keeping abreast with key events and innovations in the industry
- Life science degree is preferred, ideally combined with a higher qualification
- Experience in Publication planning and delivery within a global med comms environment
- Proven ability to work across different therapy areas and client accounts with an excellent understanding of the pharma and competitor landscape
- Has extensive experience and knowledge within the medical communications industry
- Experience partnering with clients and working closely with different departments such as Scientific Services and Creative
- Able to lead a team effectively including line management responsibilities and mentoring
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills and leads by example instilling the highest quality standards and best practices
- Excellent financial and commercial acumen
- Solutions focused and always suggests ideas and recommendations to improve processes and problem solve
- Solid understanding of international, national and industry specific compliance guidelines