Overview: The Digital Communications Manager with the International Society for Medical Publication Professionals (ISMPP) is primarily responsible for developing compelling digital content that promotes the activities and opportunities made available by our not-for-profit professional Society. The ideal candidate will have the capability to plan, develop, edit, and format text and other digital content, as assigned. The primary objective for this role is to engage key audiences and engender participation in ISMPP’s educational offerings. Current digital communications include email blasts, e-newsletters, social media, and ISMPP’s website, targeted to the ISMPP membership and broader audience groups; however, knowledge and utilization of other channels is desired and encouraged.
About ISMPP: ISMPP is the premier global society for medical publication and medical communication professionals, dedicated to the transparent and ethical exchange of scientific information. Established in 2005, ISMPP has over 2,200 members representing all stakeholders involved in the publication and communication of medical research, including pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and device companies, medical publication and communication agencies, medical journal publishers and editors, and professional medical writers. Find out more at www.ismpp.org
Key Responsibilities of the position include:
- Develop digital communications, including drafting written copy and creating visual graphics, for ISMPP’s educational programs and other ISMPP activities, as assigned
- Work with Education Content Managers and related ISMPP Committees to identify and plan compelling content to promote ISMPP’s live meetings, ISMPP University webinars, podcasts (InformED), and other educational offerings
- Develop content and format email blasts and other communications to promote ISMPP’s meetings, ISMPP U webinars, and other educational offerings
- Create visual graphics (eg, images, animations, videos) and develop audiovisual recordings to enhance audience interest and reach of communications
- Plan and develop content for ISMPP’s COMPASS e-newsletter
- Identify topics to cover in each weekly e-newsletter release, including coordinating with ISMPP staff members
- Develop content, create visual graphics, and format into newsletter layout for distribution
- Manage ISMPP’s social media presence (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, etc.)
- Develop social media plans and strategy to ensure a consistent ISMPP presence and an expansion of ISMPP’s network, including proposing improvements
- Create social media posts, including with visual graphics and audiovisual recordings, to communicate about/promote ISMPP programs, activities, etc., working with ISMPP staff and members as needed
- Monitor and respond to external social media activity related to ISMPP and the profession, coordinating with ISMPP leadership as needed
- Support content/visual graphics posting on ISMPP’s website, particularly for ISMPP educational programs and initiatives
- Collaborate with applicable ISMPP staff on identifying content and visual graphics/audiovisual recording needs for applicable sections of the ISMPP website
- Develop/post content and create visual graphics/audiovisual recordings for the ISMPP website for ISMPP educational programs and other initiatives
- Utilize search engine optimization (SEO) to improve website presence and traffic
- Support content development for articles in ISMPP’s The MAP online newsletter, as assigned
- Create compelling visual graphics (images, animations, videos, etc.) using graphics programs and develop audiovisual recordings to promote ISMPP educational programs and other activities for inclusion in email blasts, COMPASS e-newsletter, social media posts, ISMPP’s website, etc.
- Strategically evaluate ISMPP’s digital communications strategy, planning, and mechanisms, and propose improvements to ISMPP leadership
- Heighten the overall digital presence of ISMPP and create broad awareness of Society offerings by continuous evaluation of our communication strategy and “competitive” analysis of approaches used by parallel organizations.
- Work collaboratively with ISMPP staff, committee members, and other volunteer members on project plans, content development, and timelines to achieve ISMPP goals and objectives
Primary Qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, ideally in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, Life Sciences, or similar studies. Social media certification preferred.
- 3+ years of experience working with digital/social communications and marketing, with demonstrated applicability to a non-profit or for-profit organization.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite required; experience with database management and/or association management systems preferred
- Knowledge/experience with medical publication and scientific communication practices preferred
- Demonstrated ability in working on key activities for the position:
- Developing compelling content to achieve communication/marketing objectives in support of a non-profit or for-profit organization’s programs and initiatives
- Creating attention-grabbing visual graphics (images, animations, videos, etc.) using programs like Canva, Adobe Photoshop, Shutterstock
- Developing audiovisual recordings to promote ISMPP programs and initiatives
- Managing social media posts and extending social media reach for a non-profit or for-profit organization
- Demonstrated ability as a proactive, self-starter with excellent communication, project management, computer skills, and relationship building/interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively with fellow staff members, within a virtual office environment
- Able to work outside of traditional business hours, as needed, to participate in meetings across time zones and fulfill organization needs of our global association and members located worldwide
- Able to travel onsite to meetings periodically (generally 1-3 meetings per year), both domestically and internationally
- Employer-subsidized medical, dental, and vision plans for employees and their dependents
- SIMPLE IRA retirement savings plan with 100% match of the first 3% of employee contributions
- 11+ company paid holidays plus a generous paid time off benefit
- 100% work-from-home virtual environment (excluding periodic on-site meetings)
- Reimbursement for specific virtual office expenses
- Full-time preferred (40 hours per week); part-time considered for negotiation (32 hours or more per week) – Exempt status
Please email resume and salary range expectations to [email protected].