Overview: The Manager, Education Content with the International Society for Medical Publication Professionals (ISMPP) is primarily responsible for the development, review, and final preparation of highly-visible educational content for presentation/dissemination to the ISMPP membership and other audiences. Educational content can include in-person, virtual, or hybrid meetings; ISMPP University virtual webinars; ISMPP InformED podcasts; virtual roundtables, online education, and other types of educational offerings.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to understand and shape a broad educational program that is valuable for medical publication and medical communication professionals. A key aspect of the position is the development of broad connections across the pharmaceutical industry, academia, and medical journal publishing. The role reports directly to the ISMPP President & CEO.
About ISMPP: ISMPP is the premier, global society for medical publication and medical communication professionals, dedicated to the transparent and ethical exchange of scientific information. Established in 2005, ISMPP has over 2,100 members representing all stakeholders involved in the publication and communication of medical research, including pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and device companies, medical publication and communication agencies, medical journal publishers and editors, and professional medical writers. Find out more at www.ismpp.org
Key Responsibilities of the position include:
- Manage development and execution of educational programming for in-person, virtual, or hybrid conferences (US, Europe, and/or Asia Pacific) as assigned, targeted for larger attendee groups of medical publication and medical communication professionals.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders, including volunteer Program Committee chairs/members and ISMPP staff, to develop education themes and content that reflect current and cutting-edge practices and trends.
- Develop informative content and oversee faculty recruitment for conferences sessions
- Work closely with the Manager of Conferences & Events on conference logistics and event planning, with the goal of maximizing opportunities for engagement
- Contribute to ISMPP’s member research process (abstract/poster/oral presentation review, journal supplement development), as needed.
- Plan topics, content direction, and faculty for ISMPP University (ISMPP U) virtual webinars, as assigned
- Acting on guidance from the volunteer ISMPP U Committee, plan and develop educational content and recruit faculty for monthly webinars
- Guide faculty in slide development and review, and manage the webinar rehearsal
- Assess post-webinar reporting to apply learnings to future ISMPP U webinars
- Determine topics, plan content, and identify interviewer/interviewee for ISMPP InformED podcasts and moderators for virtual roundtables, as assigned
- Recognize the importance of multiple educational channels by planning and developing online educational offerings for the ISMPP learning management system (LMS).
- Contribute to and review content for communication/promotion of ISMPP educational programs, working with Director of Communications to optimize information release
Maintain awareness of changes in medical communications landscape, including through media monitoring and being attuned to member feedback; apply this knowledge to develop effective educational content on how to navigate these changes.
Primary Qualifications for the position include:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, ideally in Life Sciences, Education, Business Administration, or similar studies.
- 3+ years of experience working with educational programs, ideally related to Life Sciences, with demonstrated applicability to a non-profit or for-profit organization; knowledge of adult learning principles is strongly preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite required
- Knowledge/experience with medical publication and medical communication practices (Good Publication Practices, ICMJE Recommendations) preferred for this position; ISMPP CMPPTM certified is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively with fellow staff members, within a virtual office environment
- Able to work outside of traditional business hours, as needed, to participate in meetings across time zones and fulfill organization needs of our global association and members located worldwide
- Able to travel onsite to meetings periodically (generally 2-4 meetings per year), both domestically and internationally
- Employer-subsidized medical, dental, and vision plans for employees and their dependents
- SIMPLE IRA retirement savings plan with 100% match of the first 3% of employee contributions
- 11+ company paid holidays plus a generous paid time off benefit
- 100% work-from-home virtual environment (excluding periodic on-site meetings)
- Reimbursement for specific virtual office expenses
- Full-time preferred (40 hours per week); part-time considered for negotiation (32 hours or more per week) – Exempt status
Please email resume and salary requirements to [email protected]